Those days.

 I sometimes find myself wanting to go back to the simpler times. Where Information was not one click away and people were not judged from what they added to their social media platforms, Where texting with a limited number of texts allowed had a different feeling, calls were too important to be ignored and music on the radio was all I needed.
Today, I feel like Instagram is our open profile, Facebook gives out reminders of Birthdays, snapchat is the camera to our life, WhatsApp is the new and improved version of texting and there are many other things that have become a crucial part of our day to day living.
 Yet somehow, the real personalities of people stay hidden.
 I would really like to know how many people believe that social media is the actual reflection into someone's life ?
 To get to know a person, it is essential to have a conversation. Well, atleast for me it is. I, myself enjoy social media every now and then but the encroachment of the pretend appearances into the real lives has gotten to such an extent that it scares me.
Don't get me wrong, this is not a take on technology being a part of our lives but is just a way of saying how much Importance should it have at the end of the day.
In the times when we find ourselves judging others based on what pictures they uploaded, we should also know that this is not who they really are but just what they want the world to see themselves as.
Everyone should know that the person behind that picture, who has flaws and Insecurities is much more precious than the number of likes on a picture.
I will always trade getting to know a person than liking a picture on instagram or maintaining a streak on snapchat anyday.

Comments

  1. So apt!!
    Wo din bhi kya din the... 😖

    Btw let's maintain streak on snapchat 😉😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women Empowerment and The Society

STRUGGLE WITH LOSS OF MEMORY